Translate this blog

9/28/2014

London



School has started... finally and I'm sort of trying to hold on and keep the good spirit alive. 


In High School we have 2-3 huge assignments pr. week and it's killing me. But I'm looking forward to the christmas holidays, that I'm spending in the lovely heart of London! 
It's so lovely to visit that town again. Since I went there, was over an year ago, with my boarding school. It was absolutely fabulous. 

We drove from Denmark through Germany, Holland, Belgium and France, to take a ferry that took us to Dover... it was just stiff 24 hours by bus ;-)
I forgot my iPod on that trip and I was really bored, but my only thought were:

"London let's do this!"

Then we arrived to London, it was magical. I've been there once before, but it's never the same in that city. The hostel we lived at was The Generator Hostel, which is located on Tavistock Place in north part in the city of London. Our hostel had this nice location, only 1km. away from Big Ben.
I seriously fell in love with the city and at that time i was a huge Gossip Girl fan i loved (still love!) Ed Westwick. I knew he lived in London, so he was my target. (I know.. awkward stalker)
SPOILER ALERT: No... I did not saw him, but at least I saw Martin Freeman and that was fantastic.

With my school we went to a lot of attractions. The first day in London was a typical day in London, because the weather were typical rainy-british-weather... but come on, I'm from Denmark.. 
It's worse here in Scandinavia! When i, home in Denmark, packed my suitcase for that week, i did no expect that it were so cold, so my clothing style was summer.. and yes it was not a good idea...
But one shop I visited at least one time a day in that week were Starbucks.
It is quite expensive however I liked their coffee as much as I love Twilight.. no shit.

The other days went by visiting really interesting museums like The Natural History Museum. That is a must to see, it's the one museum with a famous Charles Darwin statue.
Personal I admire Mr. Darwin's work, which you also can check out there.
The museum has free admission so hurry up and visit.
Behind it, there's The Science Museum which also have free admission and are a good way to learn about the nature.

The last night in London were celebrated at Broadway. We saw The Lion King... I loved it;
The costumes, the actors and the music were fantastic and i got the whole "musical experience." 
We went to Oxford street.. My favorite one. I used a lot of money at The Body Shop,  PRIMARK and other nice stores. 

In about, 12 weeks, I'm leaving my hometown; Copenhagen for christmas in London.
I'm staying at a hotel, nearby Oxford street with my parents and we are visiting my moms friend for her birthday, and she is 100 % british, so I hope that she has a son or a nephew who looks like Ed Westwick.. or just have this sexy british accent.. yes! 


Lots of happiness 

Regitze