Translate this blog

7/18/2014

Marie Antoinette pt. 1


I've written this story as a kind of a diary.Based on Marie Antoinette's adventures in her life. (1755-1773)The most part is fiction, but I've plugged events and persons from her life into the journal ... Hope you like it, and if you do, let me know!In this first chapter in the journal, she looks back on her life before she must serve her sentence in the guillotine on the 16th October, 1793 in Paris. The rest of the chapters come in small chunks over some time.

Happy reading!


Chapter I: A lesson 


I had always wondered how you can live a perfect life.


When I look at all these paintings hanging of my ancestors, in the long corridor of the castle, I always think about their life and story. I know that in 300 hundred years, their stories might be gone in the history books because there are only paintings left for the rest of the world.


At that time, I was very young and were very curious about everything around me.

Such as the people who would come over for dinner, why there are night and day, etc.         

I had all these imaginations of different worlds; there are waited to be discovered, and how I could live my life, in a way I liked to live it. Without any stupid and evil maids to boss around with me. 


Sometimes I dream these nice dreams of my prince, my lifeguard that, hopefully, will save me and take me away from this prison the others call a castle.

I hope it would happen, In that case, my father, (Or the king as other people call him) told me that when the time is right, i shall be marrying a rich prince, who will take care of me and i will live at his big castle and help him to rule his kingdom.

-That was these thoughts I had before I married Louis, my lovely king-


It might sound like a big mistake, but I took these choices, married a man I only have seen from the pendant for my necklace he sent me, and I have not regretted it.

We did what we did, I know we changed things at that time, but sometimes change is here to stay, and it's a good thing... I think..

In less than an hour, the coach will arrive at the dungeon I live in.

I should be punished for my mistakes in running my country in poverty...
I know where I'm going, I'll do it for my beloved children. I do not think they should pay the price for things their mother and father have done. Now I'll do it...

The most important lesson I learned by ruling a kingdom is:



You'll have to risk all of your pawns and knights or even your king you can move around with, to save your entire country. Otherwise you will never win over the enemy...


To be continued...